The first step of the delivery process is to configure an S3 bucket for Unacast to deliver the data to. You'll need to have access to your organization's Amazon Web Services (AWS) console with privileges to create an S3 bucket. To begin, please follow the instructions below, which should only take a few minutes to complete.
- Sign in to the AWS S3 console.
- Create an S3 bucket that you want to receive Unacast data in (e.g. s3://my-company-uc-data).
- Create a policy for Unacast to access the bucket and prefix by first selecting the Permissions
- Click on the Edit button under Bucket Policy.
- Copy this bucket policy as formatted below and paste it into the permission editor:
Include your bucket name in the policy
When pasting the policy above, please make sure to substitute your bucket name and path for
YOUR_BUCKET_NAME when specifying the resource. And substitute the prefix for YOUR_DATA_PREFIX in the bucket you want the data to go - note that this is case sensitive. Be sure to provide us with this prefix.
- Click Save changes.
- Please send your customer success manager the following information:
- The name of your bucket
- The Prefix -
- The region the bucket is in, for instance us-east-1
- Under Object Ownership, ensure object ownership is changed from the default value. This setting should be set on the bucket as Bucket owner preferred or Bucket owner enforced
Do not set up KMS encryption Please do not enable KMS encryption when configuring the bucket. We will not be able to write to your S3 bucket if you enable this setting.